The Hall’s Haven

7.22.2011

Date Night

I have to start by telling you our pre-date dilemma. Casey was planning on being home in plenty of time to drop the kids at my parents house for the night, while we went to Salt Lake. After CJ's nap, he was complaining that his ear hurt. He told me that Kaitlyn kicked it, so I thought nothing of it. He kept insisting that his ear hurt. I asked him if it hurt inside, and of course the answer was yes. I called the North Ogden IHC Instacare and there was a 45 minute wait! So I called the IHC in Roy and they said the wait was only 15 minutes. SO... CJ, Hannah, and I hopped in the van to get there. I was amazed when we walked in, it was like a ghost town. Not one person in the waiting room. I filled out papers and paid, & before we could sit down, the Dr. called us back. Sure enough, CJ's ear was infected. The Dr. called in a prescription to the pharmacy in the clinic, & gave him some ibuprofen. CJ was in & out within 15 minutes. WOW! So we went to the pharmacy to pick up the script. As we were checking out, CJ started throwing up. I stood there, holding Hannah, my wallet, & my purse, just looking at the poor boy. He tried to stop it with his hand, so it sprayed all over me, him, and the floor. I was stunned! So a sweet guy behind me asked how he could help. He held Hannah, while I helped CJ get cleaned up. This was my first experience with one of my kids throwing up in public... completely AWFUL!! So- CJ wanted to still go to Grandma and Grandpa's house. By the time we got there he was acting much better. I think it must have been the ibuprofen that upset his stomach. Casey and the girls met us at their house. Casey & I left & had to go to Kohl's to buy me some new clothes, since there was barf all over mine. (BONUS- a date & a new outfit!)

Tonight was our first official family date night. Cameron had an awesome idea to meet somewhere fun for dinner once a month. This month we went to Bucca di Beppo’s. The White’s, The Keyes (including Miss Maddie), and the Casey Hall’s came. (We missed the Fox’s, Ballard’s, and JD Hall’s.) Casey & I had been to Bucca di Beppo’s once, while we were in San Diego, so were excited to go again. Dinner is served family style, and we ordered:
Cheesy Garlic Bread, Salad (soooo good), Lasagna, Spicy Sausage Pasta with Penne Pasta and Marinara, and Fettucine Alfredo. To top it off (as if we needed MORE to eat) we had the BIG brownie sundae, which Casey thoroughly enjoyed, and some cannelloni.
It was a wonderful dinner, with wonderful company! Seriously…SO MUCH FUN! We can’t wait for next month to get together again!
Bucca di Beppos

1 comments:

. said...

I wish I went there.