The Hall’s Haven

9.19.2008

Crazy Girl!


Our little Kaitlyn's arm has been pulled out of the socket at the elbow 5 times now...twice this week. Monday she fell off her toddler bed and it came out. Then on Wednesday I was trying to put her in her carseat and it came out again. Double trips to the Instacare for us this week. They x-rayed her arm both times. On Wednesday they said that the tissue around her elbow was very inflammed and had a few small tears, so they gave her a sling to wear. All that day she was pretty careful and would not take her sling off. On Thursday morning she got up at 6:00am, came into our room, threw her arms in the air and exclaimed: "I ALL BETTER!" Since then she will not wear the sling. She is a trooper and never really even cries. She just holds her arm and says "owie." Even when the doctor puts it back in, she winces but doesn't actually cry. One Brave Girl! Needless to say, it is a bad sign when you take her to the doctor and they ask her what happened and she tells them, "Mommy did it." I keep waiting for DCFS to show up on my doorstep. I promise I do NOT abuse my children! We just need to be careful with her arm. Casey & I both had the same problem when we were young too. Think it is inherited?

8 comments:

Little Spoiled Me said...

I love you and your family and she is so funny and brave

Em said...

That is one brave girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh that poor baby!! And I can't believe she tells them you did it. That is too funny!

Vicki Lynne said...

Hope your owie feels better, Kaitlyn. Love Aunt V_

Poulsen Family said...

Poor girl. She is a trooper. My Katelyn would be fine, but Kenna man I'd hear about it for weeks.
Amy Poulsen

Kate said...

Wow Alyson, do you want Larry to come and take a report for child abuse or what!!! We know you love your kids. The doctor asked me what happened when Ty had a black eye. I actually had to tell him, I didn't know. He said that was a good answer!!!!

Sharon said...

Well I keep trying this commenting thing and I jusy can't seem to make it work on your blog. Katelyn is her grandpa's sweetie. We are glad that she is so resilient. She is probably going to need that

Jake and Alayna said...

She is such a tough little girl!
To answer your question, yes I did finally get to watch HSM 2. Just finished it about a half hour ago. Thanks for letting us borrow it:) It was way cute.